All our projects are accomplished through member participation. We are always looking for women who want to jump in and make a difference in our community. If you are interested in learning more about our club, we encourage you to come to a meeting. (See our Event Calendar for details.) We also have an annual Prospective Member Event, held each spring.
Our members are volunteers who often lead busy lives and have different amounts of time they are able to give. We appreciate all our members, regardless of their level of involvement. Every bit of help makes a difference!
Beyond Capitola-by-the-Sea, California
Many opportunities exist to extend your Soroptimist friendships beyond the local club and community. Members are encouraged to attend meetings at the Regional, Federation, and International levels. At these events, you meet other Soroptimists and learn more about what other women are doing to better their communities. Friendship Grants link clubs from around the world and allow members to experience other cultures and places.
The benefits of Soroptimist membership are as diverse as the members themselves. Some of the more commonly expressed include:
- Professional growth and leadership skills
- Education and heightened awareness of community needs
- Friendship with club members and other Soroptimists throughout the world
- Respect and credibility within the community
- A sense of unity and purpose through working to achieve common goals
- The feeling of “giving back” to the community through involvement with service projects
- A sense of pride in knowing membership contributes to and upholds the ideals of world peace and harmony